Equality and diversity
Devon Doctors Ltd is committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. As an employer we are also committed to equality and valuing diversity within our workforce. Our goal is to ensure that these commitments are embedded in our day to day working practices with all our patients, colleagues and partners.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on grounds of: gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, HIV positivity, working pattern, caring responsibilities, trade union activity or political beliefs – or any other grounds.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
• Promoting equality of opportunity and diversity within the communities in which we work;
• Aiming to build a workforce which reflects our region, within the diverse communities in which we work, with the aim of having parity of representation across the workforce;
• Treating our patients, colleagues and partners fairly and with respect;
• Promoting an environment free from discrimination, bullying and harassment, and tackling behaviour which breaches this;
• Recognising and valuing the differences and individual contribution that people make;
• Providing support and encouragement to staff to develop their careers and increase their contribution to the organisation through the enhancement of their skills and abilities;
• Building in legislative requirements and best practice to all our employee policies and procedures, and supporting these with appropriate training and guidance.
Every person working for Devon Doctors has a personal responsibility for implementing and promoting these principles in their day-to-day dealings with patients, with each other and with partners. Inappropriate behaviour is not acceptable.